Salvation Army Christmas Food & Gift Drive
This Christmas, we are again supporting the Salvation Army Food & Gift Drive! We invite you to help us by contributing to those in need this Christmas. IP Partnership will be collecting gifts and non-perishable foods until 10 December. Please stop by our office and by donating food or gifts, we can all play a small part to ensure that fewer people go without this holiday season.
Every contribution counts! Please see below list for ideas or otherwise, please do not hesitate to contact our office for further guidance.
- Please consider giving gifts for a range of age groups, including teenagers and parents
- Consider donating gift vouchers – A gift voucher means a parent or guardian can still share in the unique joy of buying a gift for their child or family member (vouchers are also ideal for teenagers)
- Please leave gifts unwrapped, to enable parents/guardians to experience the dignity and joy of choosing gifts based on the recipients’ interests or personality. Feel free to include wrapping paper or gift bags
- Please donate new items only as your donated gift may be the only present someone receives this Christmas
- Consider donating a supermarket gift voucher, as they allow the recipient the flexibility to purchase their choice of fresh fruit, vegetables and meat
- Where appropriate, please ensure items have long expiry dates and are non-perishable
- Since these will be received as gifts, consider adding brand name products and some special items to help the recipient celebrate on Christmas Day
- Try packing the food into a shopping bag or washing packet that can be reused by the recipient (it’s sustainable too!)
- Consider providing food that will suit families with young children, people with allergies, the elderly or culturally diverse Australian households.
- Supermarkets, e.g. Woolworths or Coles
- Department stores, e.g. Kmart, Big W, Target, Myer or David Jones
- JB Hi-fi
- Event Cinemas or Hoyts
We want to say a big thank you to everyone who contributes, there is no better gift than the gift of giving.
#Community & Charity